No One Escapes Hell
Have you ever made a bad decision and then beat yourself up about it for days…or even years? As human beings, we’ve all made mistakes…some more costly than others. But if we know Jesus Christ, God can make something good come out of even our worst mistakes. When we come to Him, God will forgive us and help us move forward in the right direction.
Did you know that there is one decision in this life that is absolutely final, irreversible, and permanent? There is one decision that even God cannot change or correct for you. That decision is to reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life. Once you die, your eternal destination is decided, and whatever you chose, it will have been your own doing.
• You cannot pray for someone to escape from hell after they die. There are no second chances.
• You cannot work off your time in hell.
• No amount of charity or good works will keep you from hell.
• No amount of regret or reflection will make a difference once you are in hell.
• There is no friend to help you.
• There is no angel to rescue you.
• Beauty, fame, power or money won’t save you.
• No philosophy, personal belief, or great intellect will spare you.
• Claiming ignorance will not excuse you.
In John 15:6, Jesus warns that if you don’t remain in Him you’ll be thrown away like a useless branch to be burned.
• No clever plan or contract with the devil will help you escape from hell.
• Living in denial of hell won’t help you.
• No church affiliation or denomination will keep you out of hell.
• Being a devout, religious individual will not save you.
• No ritual, and no repeated piety or prayers will spare you from hell.
In Matthew 23:33, Jesus warned the religious Pharisees saying, “Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”
You need to know that Heaven is not our default destination. All of us have sinned, and our sin separates us from having a relationship with our Creator. If you die without Christ, your soul lives on forever in a place called hell. This sounds harsh but Jesus told us in Matthew 25:46 that there were only two eternal destinations…heaven and hell. Jesus said, “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” He made it very clear.
God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. He gave each of us a free will to choose Jesus or reject Him. We cannot make this choice after we die. Jesus shed His blood on the Cross, died for your sins, was buried and rose from the dead. Placing your trust in Him while you are alive here on earth is the ONLY way you escape hell and receive eternal life.
© Copyright 2007-2021 Soul Choice Ministries – All Rights Reserved
By Bill Wiese, author of 23 Minutes in Hell