God gave me a vision of hell, which I wrote about in my book, 23 Minutes in Hell. The last thing Jesus said to me was, “Tell them I am coming very, very soon.” Then He repeated himself, “Tell them I am coming very, very soon.” This was in 1998.
I believe He has delayed His coming as it says in Matthew 25:5 to give us a last window of opportunity to influence as many people as possible to receive the truth: Jesus is the only way of salvation.
We are living in increasingly fearful times. However, what the majority fear the most is death. Yet, there is something worse than dying and most are not aware of it. It is the fear of the coming Judgment on sin. Many think our sin is not deserving of eternal punishment. However, even one sin would exclude us from heaven, as James 2:10 states. God’s standard is perfect and we all fall short. Only Jesus was sinless. Our sin is deserving of eternal punishment as I explain in a short video of mine called, “Why An Eternal Hell Is Justifiable.”
Jesus died in our place on the Cross, to pay for our sins, and then He rose from the dead. Our good works will not save us (Ephesians 2:8-9). If we don’t repent and receive Him as our Lord and Savior (Luke 13:3; Rom. 10:9-10) we will spend an eternity in hell as Matthew 25:46 says.
Scripture describes the wrath that will take place on that Day of Judgment for those who don’t know Him. God gives people plenty of warning throughout the Bible.
- Revelation 14:10-11, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation: and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night.
- Matthew 13:40, As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire: so shall it be in the end of this world. TheSon of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Romans 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness…
- 2 Peter 2:9, The Lord… holds the unrighteous for the day of judgment to be punished.
- 2 Thess. 1:8-9, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his power.
- Col. 3:6, For which things sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience.
- Zeph. 1:18, Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lords wrath.
- Proverbs 11:23, but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
- Nah.1:2, He reserveth wrath for his enemies.
- Psalm 21:9, Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
- Isaiah 66:15, For, behold, the Lord will come with fire…to render his anger with fury and His rebuke with flames of fire.
- Jeremiah 30:23, Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord goeth forth with fury…it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
- Zep. 1:14-15, The great day of the Lord is near. The mighty man shall cry there bitterly. That day is a day of wrath, trouble, distress, wasteness and desolation.
- Nahum 1:6, Who can stand before his indignation and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger; his fury is poured out like fire.
- Isaiah 38:18, those who go down to the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
Hearing these serious verses a person might think God is mean. However, God is a loving God and He proved it by dying a horrific death on the Cross in our place. He is not the one sending a person to hell. A person does that themselves by their own words, as Matthew 12:37 states! Jesus said He was the only way to heaven in John 14:6. Do you believe Him? You can know Him now as Savior or meet Him later as Judge.
© Copyright 2007-2020 Soul Choice Ministries – All Rights Reserved
By Bill Wiese, author of 23 Minutes in Hell