Do you sometimes question your salvation? Do you wonder if you are really saved? How can we be confident that we will go to heaven?
If we feel remorse when we sin, if we ask for forgiveness, if we obey God’s Word, if we love others, if we hate evil, and if we have a desire to know Jesus, these are some of the ways we can be assured we are saved. Read what the Bible says about the evidence of salvation in our lives:
- Romans 8:16, “The Spirit beareth witness that we are the sons of God.”
The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. We know in our heart that we belong to God. We also have His Word that promises us eternal life.
- 1 John 2:25, “And this is the promise that He has promised us eternal life.”
- Titus 1:2, “In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.”
A genuine Christ follower will be obedient to do what the Bible instructs. These next Bible verses describe added evidence seen in a person who is saved. If there is no evidence, how could they be born again?
- 1 John 2:3, “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.”
- 1 John 2:10, “He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.”
- 1 John 2:17, “But he who does the will of God abides forever.”
- Hebrews 5:9, “And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.”
- Luke 8:21, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”
- Psalm 97:10, “Ye that love the Lord, hate evil.”
- Psalm 73:25, “Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.”
If you still question your eternal security, if you still wonder if you are really going to heaven, please be sure to watch the video at this link and know for certain what God says about finding salvation in Jesus Christ:
Video link: How To Get To Heaven
Copyright 2007-2022 Soul Choice Ministries – All Rights Reserved
By Bill Wiese, author of 23 Minutes in Hell