Is Hell Real? Part 2
If someone doesn’t believe in hell, then they must also believe there is no heaven, because Jesus said in the same verse that just as one exists and is eternal, so is the other (Matt. 25:46).
Moses, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Job, David, Solomon, Amos, Malachi, Jesus, Peter, Paul, James, Jude, and John all believe in hell, as I quote their verses in my book, “Hell.” The following verses speak for themselves…
Rev. 20:13-15, “…and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged…And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
They still existed in Hades and were then judged. What would be the need to judge someone if there was no hell or no existence after?
Rev. 21:8, “all unbelievers shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone.”
Notice it says, “their part.” That denotes an assignment to a particular place. Similar to Luke 12:46, “and will appoint him his portion.” Also the same as Matt.24:51, “And shall cut him asunder and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Different Levels Of Punishment In Hell
- Matt. 23:14, “ye shall receive the greater damnation.” That denotes a lesser.
- Matt. 10:15, “It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment then for that city.” That infers a less tolerable, a degree of punishment.
- Heb. 10:29, “Of how much worse punishment…” The different levels of punishment prove that hell exists, and all are not annihilated. Otherwise, how could there be different levels of annihilation?
Bible Verses About Hell
- Ps. 9:17, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”
- In Matt. 18:8, Jesus mentions, “to be cast into everlasting fire.” In 49:19, “He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.” That statement pre-supposes their existence in a place of darkness.
- In John 15:6, Jesus says, “If a man abide not in me…he is cast forth…and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.”
- Is. 33:12-14, “The people shall be as the burning of lime…thrown into the fire and are burned…Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings.”
- Ps. 49:19, “He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.” That statement pre-supposes their existence in a place of darkness.
- Job 15:30, “He shall not depart out of darkness.” Again, one has to still exist in a place to not depart from it!
- Is. 14:9-10, “Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming…all they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we?” They are speaking in hell.
- Ez. 32:21-29, “The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell…Asshur is there and all her company…into the nether parts of the earth…they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit.” Again, they are speaking in hell. They still exist.
- Num. 16:32-33, “And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up…they…went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them.” Hell exists down in the earth.
- Ez. 26:20, “When I I shall bring thee down with them that descend into the pit, with the people of old time, and shall set thee in the low parts of the earth…” This tells you hell exists.
- Pr. 23:14, “and shall deliver his soul from hell.” If there is no hell, then Solomon didn’t know that!
- Is. 38:17, “but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption.”
- Pr. 27:20, “Hell and destruction are never full.” Why make that statement if hell doesn’t exist?
Proverbs 27:12 says, “A prudent man foresees the evil, and hides himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.”
Will you be a wise man, or a simple one?
For more information on this topic:
© Copyright 2007-2020 Soul Choice Ministries – All Rights Reserved
By Bill Wiese, author of 23 Minutes in Hell