The Bible And UFO’s
Because of recent U.S. government reports and increasing media coverage, UFO’s have become a very popular topic. Why now? A Huffington Post survey from August 2017 reveals that nearly half of Americans believe in aliens, and almost as many believe aliens are visiting earth. Some people are so enamored by this topic they actually possess a deep desire for aliens to exist. Even Christians will ignore any contradictions to their Biblical beliefs. What does the Bible say about aliens and UFO’s? What is the explanation for these sightings?
Let’s begin by reading how the book of Ezekiel in chapter 1 and 10, and 28 which describe the Cherubim angels:
“The living creatures…the appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel.”
“As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches going back and forth among the living creatures. The fire was bright, and out of the fire went lightning. And the living creatures ran back and forth, in appearance like a flash of lightning.”
“When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went.”
Do these descriptions sound like something similar to an alien spacecraft? Ezekiel saw, “a wheel within a wheel, moving like a flash of lightening, with lights up and down it.” We need to realize that a real person, who lived in a time when there was no flying aircraft, no vehicles, and no electricity, was the one who described these creatures. Again, these are Cherubim angels…and Satan was a Cherubim angel. Many of his followers may have been also.
These fallen demonic beings can appear in our dimension for a brief period and then return to their own habitation. This would be why they seem to suddenly appear and disappear. Since they are spirit beings, they have no mass therefore they would not be subject to our physical laws. God often had angels appear unto men to deliver a message so they could appear and disappear in an instant. These sightings are simply fallen angels.
We don’t doubt any of the facts that UFO’s have been plotted on radar. Some have been photographed, and seen by credible witnesses. It’s said that they materialize and dematerialize without a trace. We know these facts are true. But an explanation from two of the most respected researchers on this topic makes sense. Jacque Valee and J. Allen Hynek came to the conclusion these things are “demonic.” That was the term they used, and they were not religious people. This is shared in the late Dr. Chuck Missler’s teaching on UFO’s.
Let’s also consider just a few things the Bible tells us about God and the earth:
1. In the Bible, God is only mentioned as the God of the earth and not the God of any other planet.
- Isaiah 54:5 “The God of the whole earth shall he be called.”
2. The Bible says only earth was formed to be inhabited and not other planets.
- Isaiah 45:18 “Earth was formed to be inhabited.”
3. Man is only created on the earth and not on other planets.
- Deuteronomy 4:23 “Since the day that God created man upon the earth.”
- Isaiah 45:12 “I have made the earth, and created man on it.”
- Colossians 3:5 “Your members, which are upon the earth.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:47 “The first man is of the earth.”
4. God has no more family other than who is on the earth and in heaven.
- Ephesians 3:15 “The whole family in heaven and earth is named.”
5. He only came to earth to save people, not to save other planets.
- 1 Timothy 1:15 “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.”
- 1 John 2:2 “He died for the sins of the whole world.”
- Matthew 9:6 “The Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins.”
Jesus has not been given power off the earth to forgive sins.
6. He suffered and died only once on the earth for the sins of man, not on another planet for any other beings.
- Hebrews 9:28 “So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many.”
- Hebrews 9:26 “Once has he appeared to put away sin.”
- 1 Peter 3:18 “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins.”
7. God’s attention throughout the Bible is only on the earth. Other planets are never mentioned.
- Job 28:24 “For he looks to the end of the earth.”
- 2 Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth.”
- Isaiah 6:3 “The whole earth is full of his glory.”
There is no mention of His glory anywhere else except heaven.
8. The Bible does not say that planets were created for other life forms.
- Genesis 1:14 “Planets were created for signs, seasons, days, and years.”
If UFO’s were alien beings, they would possess knowledge just as man does. They would therefore need a Savior. Jesus only came to the earth to die once for man, not for any other supposed beings. If they were something other than human, what would be God’s purpose in creating a being that could not be saved? His desire is to show His great love and to have a family. God always has a purpose and His focus is always directed to man on the earth.
The Bible is clear that God never created alien beings on other planets. All of creation was finished during six days, with no mention of life anywhere else but on the earth, and in the heavens with the angels. These alien beings are simply demons appearing in our dimension for the purpose of deceiving us. We believe the primary purpose of these demonic sightings is to explain away the rapture. When the rapture of the Church occurs, known as the catching away of Christians to heaven, the world will report that the Christians have been cleansed from earth and removed by aliens. Satan has to come up with a plan to deceive the world. He wouldn’t want people to believe the Bible, and believe that God has taken His people to heaven.
There will be many who believe the lie of aliens removing Christians but this event will also cause many to believe what Christians were telling them about the rapture. They would know the Bible is true and want to get saved. It is sad that so many will be deceived and believe the lie. One reason for this is because there have been countless Hollywood movies depicting alien beings, and some that show millions of people suddenly missing. The stage has been set for decades for this great deception.
When speaking about the last days, Jesus repeatedly said, “Take heed no man deceive you.” Men are deceived by demons, and by their own arrogance and pride. God is constantly giving us signs of His return because He loves us. He tells us to be aware and to watch. May we all be aware of this great lie, and prepare ourselves for the return of Jesus Christ our Savior.
Copyright 2007-2023 Soul Choice Ministries – All Rights Reserved
By Bill Wiese, author of 23 Minutes in Hell