The One Who Fulfilled The Future
Easter is a very special time of the year. The Creator of the Universe, Jesus Christ, came to the earth, died in our place for our sins, and rose from the dead. This is the main reason why Christianity is unique. No other religion claims that someone died for them and then rose from the dead as Jesus said He would do.
There is overwhelming proof of the empty tomb. In addition, there are over 300 prophecies or predictions about Jesus, and they are written about Him approximately 800 years before He was even born. No other religious book foretells the future. Each one of these verses gives details about Jesus. Here are just some of them:
- He would be of the seed of Abraham.
- He would be of the Tribe of Judah.
- He would be heir to the Throne of David.
- He would be born in Bethlehem. His time of birth is even told.
- He would be born of a virgin.
- There would be a massacre of infants in an attempt to kill Him.
- His family would flee to Egypt.
- He would have a ministry in Galilee.
- He would be a prophet.
- He would be rejected by the Jews.
- His triumphal entry into Jerusalem was foretold.
- He would be betrayed by a friend and sold for 30 pieces of silver.
- The money would be returned and used to purchase a potter’s field.
- There would be false witnesses accusing Him.
- He would be smitten and spat upon.
- He would be beaten beyond recognition.
- His hands and feet would be pierced. His side would be pierced.
- He would be crucified with sinners, mocked and insulted.
- He would be given gall and vinegar to drink.
- He would pray for His enemies while on the cross.
- Not a bone in His body would be broken.
- He would be buried with the rich.
- He would resurrect from the dead and then appear unto many.
- He would ascend into heaven.
Every verse had to be accurately fulfilled and Jesus did just that. For one person to fulfill all 300 would be impossible unless they were God. Jesus is God in man. He lived a sinless life, died for our sins, extending forgiveness to all, and rose from the dead. God sent His Son into the world so we could not only escape a horrific hell, but also live an amazing life of fulfillment during our time on earth.
In addition, God wants us to live with Him in His perfect place called Heaven; a place where there is no death or sickness or pain. We will be able to enjoy being with Jesus and our family and friends who know Him for eternity. We have the choice to believe in Him, turn from our sins and ask His forgiveness.
Take time and to give God thanks for what He has done and share this good news with somebody today!